Travel insurance is the cover one get from insurance companies when one is no longer in the home front. One can avail such kind of coverage in both domestic as well as foreign shores. Nowadays one can also buy travel insurance online, which makes the process easy and hassle free in all respects. Travelling has become an integral part of our lives. Whether it is for business, studies or pleasure people have become more mobile than ever before. Of course, an increase in the rate of travel and number of travellers, has also led to an increase in the occurrence of multiple travel related risks. This could range from luggage that has been misplaced by airlines, to costs incurred due to transit delays, to falling sick on foreign shores. It is important, therefore, to take measures and insulate oneself against unforeseen circumstances so the rest of the travel experience goes smoothly and without much inconvenience.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- Luggage Protection Coverage
- Medical Cost Coverage
- Trip Coverage
Common Types of Travel Insurance
- Domestic Travel Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance.
- Student Travel Insurance
Important Travel Insurance Features at a Glance
- Travel medical insurance covers for in/out patient hospitalization along with daily allowance.
- Personal accidents cover in case of permanent disability/death.
- Coverage for contingencies related to personal possession.
- Coverage for loss of baggage and passport
Important caveats to Travel Insurance
- Flights/trains missed due to local protests/civil war..
- Expenses incurred due to local protests/civil unrest.
- Pre-existing conditions leading to hospitalization.
- Baggage delay that is less than 24 hours.